SOLGLIDE® Bearings for the Solar Market
Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics is recognized as an innovator and has entered into unique business partnerships with solar and alternate energy businesses and leaders.
As a worldwide leader with over 35 years of experience and over one billion bearings produced per year, Saint-Gobain is able to provide engineering and testing facilities for market innovation and customised solutions and flexible and fast prototyping.
Using SOLGLIDE® bearings can significantly contribute to overcoming challenges of up-scaling, increasing efficiency, and decreasing the operational costs of Concentrating Solar Power plants. Concentrating Solar Power (CSP) plants use concentrated solar radiation as a high temperature energy source to produce electrical power. A solar tracker is a device for concentrating solar reflectors toward the sun. SOLGLIDE® bearings can be used in the bearing points to both support the structure in a parabolic trough and to rotate the mirrors on heliostats (solar tower).
Wherever you need a maintenance free, long-lasting, low-friction bearing to make things move -- SOLGLIDE® bearings is your product.
SOLGLIDE®, a full line of high-performance bearing solutions, engineered and tailor made according to your specific needs.
Free of Heavy Metals
SOLGLIDE® T Bearings
|SOLGLIDE® T bearings are available with either steel or aluminium backings with proprietary polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) based compounds. When equipped with 1.5 mm thick steel backings, the SOLGLIDE® T offers superior “entrance area” performance while the 3 mm thick aluminium SOLGLIDE® T bearings provide an easy “drop in” solution as well as superior structure capability when paired with aluminium frames.|
SOLGLIDE® M, subtype "SS" for the most demanding solar applications
- A high-tech bonding system creates extreme high load capabilities up to 220 N/mm2 and resists all environmental influences
- Optimised PTFE compounds guarantees low friction and very low stick-slip effects for smooth movements and offer extreme high wear resistance
- Stainless steel mesh and backing are part of the unique product structure and guarantees a lifetime for decades
|PTFE is one of the "secrets" to our success. We use only the highest grades of raw materials, and the manufacturing and processing of our own PTFE compounds is one of the core processes and distinctive competences.
- Chemically resistant (like gold)
- Self lubricating
- Wide temperature range (-200°C / +260°C)
- No water absorption
- Lowest coefficient of friction of all solid materials
- Weather proof (UV radiation, etc.)
- High corrosion resistance
- High specific load
High Quality Standards
- Quality: DIN EN ISO 9001, ISO/TS 16949
- Environment: DIN EN ISO 14001
- Aerospace: EN 9100
- Safety: OHSAS18001
- Low and constant friction over life-time
- No stick-slip effects
- Saltspray chamber
- Dust chamber
- Vibration testing
SOLGLIDE® Bearings Provide Solutions and Benefits to the Solar Industry
- Worldwide leader with over 35 years of experience and over one billion bearings produced per year
- Engineering and testing facilities for market innovation and customised solutions
- Flexible and fast prototyping
- Decreased operating and maintenance costs because SOLGLIDE® bearings are maintenance free and 100% resistant against weather influences
- Efficiency increased due to low and constant friction offer lifetime, and very low stick-slip effects for smooth movements
- Green product for a green technology -- meets all environmental legislation, and is free of heavy-metal
Product Demonstration Videos
|View our Solar Product Videos |
Saint-Gobain Solar Expert Explains Industry Growth, Impact on Energy Producers and Suppliers -- Video
Solar Energy Desert -- Video
Solar Energy Move the World -- Video
» For more details or information on how we can help you with product solutions in solar applications, please visit Sales and Support for regional contact information, or Contact Us directly with your enquiry.