With 15 sites and six R&D centres globally, we at the Bearings and Tolerance Rings Group, a division of Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics, provide ‘engineer-to-engineer solutions-in-motion’ to high volume international OEMs in the automotive, leisure, energy, industrial, and other markets. Backed by a heritage of product innovation, technology, advanced materials and market leadership, we are dedicated to working with customers using their extensive engineering expertise to deliver standard and custom solutions in NORGLIDE® bearings, RENCOL® tolerance rings, SOLGLIDE® bearings and JOINSHIM® rings that meet the most demanding applications.
The Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics, Bearings and Tolerance Rings Group, provides product expertise in these key markets:
Saint-Gobain is a global leader in the design, production and distribution of innovative, high performance materials for industry and employs over 195,000 people. With operations in over 64 countries, Saint-Gobain is the 60th largest employer and among the top 50 global industrial companies worldwide. Saint-Gobain is listed on the stock exchanges of Paris, London, Frankfurt, Zurich, Brussels and Amsterdam. Saint-Gobain’s global strategy is focused around three core markets: Construction Products, Innovative Materials, and Building Distribution. The company is committed to playing a leading role in developing energy-efficient innovations for the housing and construction sectors, protecting the environment, and managing growth in a sustainable fashion.
Saint-Gobain maintains 12 research centres and 101 development units and invests more than €400 million in research and development (R&D). Saint-Gobain has been at the forefront of innovation for more than 300 years. Last year, Saint-Gobain achieved global sales of almost €42.1 billion.
Saint-Gobain’s businesses form a robust, integrated supply chain partner that has the strength and flexibility to support the most diverse range of customer requirements.
Saint-Gobain is organised into four business sectors:
- Innovative Materials (includes Flat Glass and High-Performance Materials divisions)
- Construction Products
- Building Distribution
The Group’s strong mix of expertise means that it is uniquely positioned to meet the needs of these fast growing markets, providing worldwide leadership in all of its businesses, with local solutions tailored to the needs of emerging and developed markets.
The benefits of working with Saint-Gobain businesses include:
- Access to specialist technical services with the flexibility to support projects such as large landmark construction initiatives
- Global R&D capabilities and extensive resources to develop innovative products to meet emerging trends
- Innovative, high performance technologies and materials to reduce energy use, improve performance and extend product lifetime
- A commitment to developing sustainable solutions that in turn improve the environmental impact of the end product
- Fast, efficient access to a comprehensive range of products
- Customised product development tailored to customer requirements
- Access to well-known brands within the Saint-Gobain portfolio -- such as Saint-Gobain Glass, Jewson, British Gypsum and Artex, giving architects and designers the ability to respond to the latest trends, whilst meeting the most exacting performance and legislative standards
- A combination of global reach and local capabilities, with resources and facilities to allow rapid scalability, as well as regional technical service and support
- No.1 worldwide for self-lubricating composite bearings for the automotive industry
- No.1 worldwide for cast iron pipes
- No.1 worldwide for abrasives
- No.1 worldwide for insulation
- No.1 worldwide for distribution of ceramic tiles
- No.1 worldwide for gypsum plasterboards
- No.1 worldwide for wall coatings and glues for tiling
- No.1 worldwide for glass fabrics used for construction
- No.1 in Europe for packaging
- No.1 in Europe for flat glass
- No.1 in the USA for vinyl sidings
- No.1 in Europe for distribution of building materials
- 26 billion bottles and jars manufactured each year
- Glazes one half of all European cars
- Insulates one third of European homes